Biresin M72 is a polyurethane model and mould making paste used for machine application of paste on substructures for production of contour shaped machinable blanks for design (styling or cubing models).
Characteristics and Advantages
– PUR model paste
– Density 0.9 g/cm³
– Hardness 65 Shore D
– Good adhesion to EPS also without laminating layer
– Low internal stresses
– Milling already after 8 hours with very low dust
– Hard, low density material with high dimensional stability
– After mixing the material becomes thixotropic and hangs well on vertical surfaces
– Fine, dense surface, easy to varnish
– Stress releasing formulation lowers distortion
– Easily workable
Model and Mould Making Pastes
Large size models and tools are made with extrudable PUR and epoxy pastes providing a workable surface applied onto a stable core substructure. This technique is widely used to make plugs for boats or wind blades as well as automotive or architectural designs. This technology is beneficial versus boards as offering lighter models with a smooth and seamless surface (joint-free unlike boards).
The PUR base allows for standard performance the fast-making of models without any post-curing.